Friday, April 16, 2010

Blossom's Mother's Day Pampering Celebration

Long gone are the days when I get to stay in bed and sleep in – I’m a mother now. My cute, adorable alarm clock, also known as my 5-month-old daughter, wakes me up around 5:00am to start our day. This consists of round-the-clock feedings, diaper changes, playing, napping, going for a walk, laundry, bath, story time and bed. Our days can also include melt-downs (sometimes her, sometimes me). It’s a 24/7 job, no vacation time, but lots of perks (like the smile she greets me with each morning, hearing her laugh and squeal with delight, and our “chatting” time while she’s on the changing table).

While motherhood has been one of the most rewarding experiences, I sometimes miss components of my former pre-baby life such as curling up for hours with a good book, taking a nice long shower, and dressing up. Now my daily wardrobe usually consists of sweats (with one of a kind designer spit-up patterns) or maternity wear (I still don’t fit my pre-pregnancy jeans, or as I now call them, my “skinny jeans”). Winter has given way to spring and I can no longer use the excuse that the hair on my legs will help keep me warmer when the reality is I can’t find my shaver or the time to use it! Sleeping a consistent 5 hours has become like a little slice of heaven. And pooping is now a glorious event in our house, complete with a song and dance! Maybe it’s just me, but some days I’m still in my morning pajamas when my husband gets home from work in the evening. Yup, life sure is different – in a good way!

Through it all, I keep hearing “mothers also need to take care of themselves.” With all the care-taking and giving mothers do, it’s sometimes easy for us to forget to give to ourselves (you know you’re a new mother when basic grooming has become a luxury!). I understand the need to indulge once in awhile, it’s just the actual follow through that gets lost in translation. Lucky for us mothers and mothers-to-be, Blossom has the solution. It’s that time of year again – Blossom’s Mother’s Day Pampering Celebration!

This is an annual event held in honor of mothers. It’s a chance to celebrate and pamper ourselves – and support Blossom all at the same time! There are two components to this year’s event: an Open House and an Online Pampering Store.

Blossom’s Open House on Saturday, May 8th provides the perfect opportunity get together with other moms and soon-to-be moms for a little R & R!  Throughout the day, enjoy workshops designed to de-stress, enrich, and support you on your journey to and through motherhood. Topics include
·         Prenatal Yoga
·         Body Talk
·         Birth Practice
·         Organic Garden Facials
·         BabySpirit Meditation
If you’d like to sign up for a session, do so by going to the Open House webpage and clicking on the registration button to the right of your chosen workshop. All sessions take place at our Blossom office. Workshops are free of charge, but pre-registration is required as space is limited. Your registration includes a free gift bag filled with goodies and coupons valued at up to $50.

Can’t make it to Blossom for the Open House, or want more pampering? Check out Blossom’s Online Pampering Store. It’s packed with wonderful gift certificates and products all generously donated by businesses in the area. Any dads or dads-to-be in need of a little help finding the perfect mother’s day gift for their special woman? There’s bound to be something for every mom, with services and products in several categories. Choose from Spa and Massage, Baby Products, Health and Wellness, Around Town, Dining Out, Gift baskets and Blossoms, Household Products and Services, Birth and Early Parenting Services, and Miscellaneous Fun.  All the proceeds from the pampering store directly benefit Blossom’s work to support growing families – so go on and splurge, and feel good about it!

In the spirit of honoring mothers, join us by coming to the Open House and/or pampering yourself, Blossom style! Thank you to our event sponsors: Whole Child Wellness, Watercourse Way, Barefoot & Pregnant, Naturell, and Align the Self.


Other ways to celebrate moms and help Blossom keep its doors open and its programs and services expanding:
  • Make a donation to Blossom in honor of a special mom in your life
  • Shop Blossom Affiliates – Blossom receives a percentage every time you purchase goods or services through our merchant affiliates

So, mothers out there, for all you do – give the gift of pampering to yourself (or better yet, let your significant other give it to you!) Hope you can join us!  Happy Mother’s Day!

Michelle de Jesus
Registration Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment